This is an unofficial United States Department of Defense website, for the viewing and retrieving of information by authorized Marine Corps Community Services Twentynine Palms patrons. This site does not contain classified information.
Consent to Monitor
This information service operates on a United States Government computer system. This system is monitored to ensure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security features and for other like purposes. Use of this service constitutes consent to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information; to defeat or circumvent security features; or to utilize this system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 or other applicable statutes and regulations.
Information from this service may be distributed or copied, subject only to any indicated copyright restrictions and normally accepted procedures for properly crediting sources.
Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of external hyperlinks or search engines does not constitute endorsement by the the DoD or the U.S. Marine Corps of the linked web sites or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as Marine Corps Community Services, military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the DoD does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided for informational purposes. Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links which you believe ought to be included.
Disclaimer of Liability
With respect to documents available from this server, neither the U.S. Government nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose; nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed; nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the U.S. Government. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Government, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Marine Corps Community Services Twentynine Palms sincerely thanks and appreciates the sponsors of our events; however, neither the United States Marine Corps nor any part of the Federal Government officially endorses any company or sponsor, or their products or services.
Privacy & Security Notice
1. The Marine Corps Community Services website is provided as a public service by the U.S. Marine Corps.
2. Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected [Link "information is collected" to description of specific information. An example is provided after paragraph 8. in this figure] for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines. All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5240.01.
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to email@example.com.
Information Collected from [Name of site or "This website"] for Statistical Purposes
xxx.yyy.com -- [28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] "GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0" 200 16704 Mozilla 3.0/www.google.com
xxx.yyy.com (or 184.108.40.206)-- this is the host name (or Internet protocol (IP) address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, the requester is coming from the xxx.yyy.net address. Depending on the requester's method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify the user's specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers (ISP) assign different IP addresses for each session, or only connect to the Internet via proxy servers, so the host name may only identify the ISP. The host name (or IP address) may identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
[28/Jan/2008:00:00:01 -0500] -- this is the date and time of the request
"GET /Defense/news/nr012708.html HTTP/1.0" -- this is the location of the requested file
200 -- this is the status code - 200 is OK - the request was filled
16704 -- this is the size of the requested file in bytes
Mozilla 3.0 -- this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages
www.google.com -- this indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find the requested file.
Requests for other types of documents use similar information. Unless otherwise stated, no personally-identifiable information is collected.