REGULAR HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
COVID-19 HOURS OF OPERATION
The P & E team is currently unable to provide any in person briefs, due to
COVID-19 restrictions.They are able to provide PFL16 hour for those service members recommended to complete that course. They can also provide digital briefs to units upon request.
Phone messages are checked throughout the day.
Prevention & Education Brochure
The Family Advocacy Program's Prevention and Education team (P&E) focuses on the prevention of child abuse and intimate partner violence. P&E offers evidence based workshops and courses to assist service members and their families in developing skills to effectively manage high risk situations that could lead to family violence.
Some workshops include:
- Century Anger Management
- Married and Loving It!
- Couples Communication Techniques
- Basic Information About Intimate Partner & Child Abuse
All courses are open to service members and their families who are eligible for medical treatment facilities treatment. At the request of commands, courses may be tailored and offered at individual units based upon need and availability.
The Prevention and Education Specialist facilitates the following briefs and trainings:
- Child abuse and neglect awareness, and prevention and identification training for professionals and paraprofessionals working with children aboard the installation.
- Annual child abuse and neglect, and intimate partner violence training to commands to satisfy required training as outlined in MCO 1754.11
- Incident Determination Committee (IDC) training for all commanders and command representatives who are appointed to serve on the committee.