MCCS School Liaison
Village Center, Room 20
And the 2016 California Gold Ribbon School Awards go to...
10 Areas with Great Schools & Affordable Homes
The mission of the School Liaison Officer (SLO) aboard MCAGCC Twentynine Palms is to coordinate education support services and to maximize opportunities for academic success for transitioning military children/youth. The SLO fosters and promotes quality education for military children by working directly with the command, families, school districts, local communities and by providing referral services to family support agencies aboard the base and in the local community.
The School Liaison Program provides the following services:
- Addressing issues with youth registration in the local school system.
- Coordinating education transition related resources and points of contracts within school and community.
- Collaborating with parents to ensure academic success.
- Educating parents on the local school system policies, procedures, programs, and schedules.
- Supplying resources materials on primary, secondary and post-secondary education.