MCAGCC and MCCS 29 Palms are proud to be hosting BaseFEST powered by USAA; a FREE all-day festival and open gate event for the community.
BaseFEST will feature music, food and beverage vendors, children's games and activities, sports and fitness challenges, technology, shopping, adult games and MORE!
The Bands appearing are: The Offspring, Nombe, Carlton Zeus and Ha Ha Tonka.
QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
*This page will be updated as more details are released. Please be sure to check back for the most up to the minute information.*
When is BaseFEST? Saturday, September 22, 1 – 10pm
Where is it being held? Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) 29 Palms, CA, Lance Corporal Torrey Gray Field
Is the event open to the public? Yes.
How much is BaseFEST? The event is FREE. (VIP tickets are available for purchase at https://www.basefest.com/ Please note: Children 2 and younger can enter the VIP area with adults with VIP tickets. Ages 3 or older will need to have their own purchased VIP ticket.)
Is there seating available? The event will be on a lawn; it’s recommended to bring chairs and/or blankets.
Do I need a ticket? No. Everyone (10 years old and older) will be given a wristband to identify if they have cleared security and can attend the event. Wristbands are required to enter the event.
How do I get Base access? MCAGCC Main Gate on Adobe Road will open to the general public at 1pm. Utilize the right lane for entry. All guests without DoD credentials should be prepared to show government-issued ID (valid driver’s license or state/federal ID). Once through the gate, you will be guided to a fenced parking area, exit your vehicle and proceed to the designated tents for a searching process, receive a wrist band and be shuttled to the event. Anyone arriving prior to 1pm without a valid pass or DoD credentials will not be granted installation access without a sponsor present.
How do I attend if I already have Base access? If you are Active Duty Personnel or family or a DoD employee it is recommended you use either Condor or Ocotillo Gates for entry. You will be searched at the entrance to the event at Lance Corporal Torrey Gray Field and given a wristband for entry.
Will there be parking? Parking will be available at the designated Main Gate parking area for those that do not have Base access. Those with Base access can park in any available parking location aboard the Combat Center on a first come, first served basis. No street side parking will be permitted.
Will there be transportation from the parking lots? Yes. A free shuttle service will transport guests from the Main Gate parking lot location to and from the event site at Gray Field (no walking). We anticipate a large crowd at this celebration and strongly encourage everyone to carpool and arrive early.
Prohibited items: The following items will not be permitted on the event site. All items will be confiscated.
- Outside food and beverages, including alcohol
- Glass containers
- Controlled illegal substances, including medicinal/recreational Marijuana and associated paraphernalia
- Weapons, including knives
- Tasers, Stun Guns, Mace or Pepper Spray
- Tents, including shade tents over 4’
- Drones or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicle)
- Professional cameras with removable lenses
- Laser pointers, strobe lights and noisemakers
- Professional video or audio recording devices
- Bags LARGER than a standard backpack- 12x12in.
- Animals or pets. Verified, registered service animals as defined by the Americans with Disability Act are permitted
What do you recommend we bring?
- Chairs, Blankets
- Sunscreen, Bug Repellant
- Sunglasses, Hat
- Sun Shade (must be under 4’ tall)
- Empty/refillable plastic or aluminum bottles and/or water packs (e.g. Camelbak)
- Cash, debit, or credit cards if you wish to purchase food, beverages or BaseFEST souvenirs
- Bags that are a standard size backpack or smaller (12x12 in, all bags will be searched)
- GoPro, digital or point and shoot cameras
- Cell Phones
Will there be ATMs at the venue? Yes
Will there be food & beverage available for purchase? Yes, a variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Will there be restroom facilities? There will be port-o-letts available.
Can I bring my pet? No pets allowed. Only verified, registered service animals, as defined by the Americans Disability Act, are permitted.
If you have additional questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.