Water Safety Instructor Course (pdf)
JUNIOR LIFEGUARD TRAINING
Saturday, June 7
11 am - 1 pm
Training Tank, Bldg. 1508
Course Dates: June 16 - 20
The sessions consist of five, two hour classes that run Monday through Friday from 8 - 10 am at the Officer/SNCO Pool, Bldg 1576.
- Classes will include water sessions and a classroom setting
- Homework will be assigned
- Water skills will challenge participants and include: swim technique, cardio sessions, basic water rescue and basic pool duties
- Classroom sessions will include: lecture, video and group interaction
- Subjects include water safety, basic water rescue and working in an aquatic environment
Participants DO NOT earn lifeguarding certification or CPR First Aid certifications. Select participants may be given opportunity to volunteer with aquatic programs during the summer season. Course is subject to minimum enrollment. No Refunds.